Friday, February 16, 2007

Task 6

I have used AIM at home a little but not for a long time so when I took on this task I just went ahead and created a new screen name "loumewzz". I had some trouble actually getting the chat part to work, it turns out that just signing in isn't enough, you actually have to launch the program! I couldn't find where to do that from the AIM Today page that I had signed in on, so I went back to the PVLD learning page and clicked on the link there. Then I added PVLD2007 to my buddy list and here is the exchange:

loumewzz (11:23:17 AM): Hi! I'm trying to send you a message!
pvld2007 (11:23:18 AM): PVLD2007 is no longer signed on.

not too exciting, but I did it. I like the buddy list because you can tell immediately if anyone you've im'd in the past is on at the moment (right now none of my current buddies are on). I noticed that the minute you IM someone, they appear in your buddy list, so you don't really need to do a seperate action to "add" them -- convenient! You can also add them using the "actions" button at the bottom of the buddy list window. Doing this gives you the option of adding them to a specific list such as "coworkers" or "family". So now I'm ready to chat with you all!!!

No comments: