Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Task 10 MySpace

I created a "space" on MySpace, you can check it out by clicking on this link:


Find me on MySpace and be my friend!


It was really fun! I explored and found some friends - even someone I went to high school with. I found a group that I wanted to join (we'll see if they accept me).

If you like to connect with people online, then MySpace is the place. There are many nice features, you can post a bulletin if you're selling something or having a party. You can search for people you may have lost touch with. You can create a group page for people who have similar interests. It's an easy way to have a web "presence". The pitfalls of course would be that you really have no idea who you're talking to! This is especially important for kids as we've all heard about. You also need to be careful about the information you put out there, nothing too personal. Again, as a children's librarian this could be a great way to reach kids who may not come to the library that often and I guess, there might be a certain "coolness" factor to it. Librarians are not boring! So I will probably keep working on this virtual "space".

No comments: