Monday, March 19, 2007

Summary -- The End of the Beginning

I have really enjoyed doing this project and learned more than I expected to. I hope to continue with many of the things I have started here.

What was the most important thing that you learned?
Really, I think that the most important thing I learned was how much I didn't know! And how much more I want to know.
Why?
If you don't know what you don't know, you can't learn!

How can PVLD use these technologies to deliver or improve library services?
We can implement the instant messaging feature for patrons both in and outside the library. We can use YouTube to promote library services, especially to our younger patrons. We can use blogs as a way to communicate informally with our patrons and get feedback from them.

How successful was the “self-directed” learning model?
For me personally, I thought it was a great way to do this because I could do it at my own pace and in making mistakes and correcting them myself, I learned even more.
Is this a useful way of encouraging staff development?
For instances such as this, i.e. learning about technology, it works well. In other instances, I believe that group dynamics enhance learning.

I encourage everyone to take on these tasks, you may surprise yourself!

No comments: